The United States is a much known tourist destination, but unfortunately, it is one of the most difficult countries for a Thai citizen to acquire a tourist visa. The US Tourist Visa would allow the Thai national to visit the United States at a given duration of stay. This type of visa covers the purpose of the travel like having a holiday or vacation, tourism and visits with friends and family, medical treatment or other social and service activities.
A US Tourist Visa that is issued by the US Embassy in Thailand allows the Thai national to travel to and from the United States for up to 10 years. Every entry into the US, the US tourist visa holder is authorized to stay for a maximum of 6 months. For instances that the Thai national wishes to stay more than 6 months, he/she must return first to Thailand, and come back on his next visit. The duration of the visa stay should not be more than 6 months each visit.
Requirement for US Visa Application for Thai Citizen:
- Must complete the DS-160 online application form
- Must have a valid passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months after the travel date
- Must bring a recent passport photo (2×2 inches)
- Must pay the Embassy Application fees
- Must have proof of financial capability to cover the expenses in the United States
- Must have proof of convincing economic and social bond with Thailand
- Applicant for this type of visa should qualify on their own, and so letters of support from US nationals for the Thai applicant
You are advised to be 30 minutes early for your interview, which will give you ample time to make it through the security check. Double check passport and all relevant documents for submission. A visa officer will then check with you your application and start interviewing you regarding your purpose of visit and making sure that you leave the US before your tourist visa expires. Once your application is approved, purchase an envelope from the Thai Post counter to make sure your visa is returned to you.
If you need assistance on US visa applications, please contact www.gam-legalalliance.com